February 6, 2011
Weeknotes 6th Feb 2011
- Scroogled by Cory Doctorow, read by Wil Wheaton. Enjoyable and scary SF story about how Google could turn evil and what it would mean.
- Black Swan. Tense, stylish and made me look away from the screen a few times. A well acted and well directed psychological thriller. Not SF but odd enough to not really be considered mainstream. I thought it was good, but don’t go and see it if you’re after a fluffy ballet film.
- Being Human. Not sure about series 3. Will try and write up why.
- Episodes. Still making me laugh.
- Zero History by William Gibson. Not far into it. It feels strange. Odd. Not at all SF. Disappointed that it’s set in London which makes it feel very mundane. Hope it picks up.
- Google Reader says “From your 111 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 962 items, clicked 64 items, starred 0 items, shared 3 items, and emailed 0 items” but I often mark items as read when I haven’t read them so those stats mean nothing. I can tell you that it feels like I read too many blogs and never get to spend time reading the interesting stuff, I currently have a list of twenty posts or so waiting for some time.
- Plenty of submissions.
- Negligible fiction writing.
- Zero blog writing.