January 17, 2011
Shortlists For The 2010 BSFA Awards
Here are the shortlists for the 2010 BSFA Awards (announcement here).
That’s a pretty good selection of novels, and I’ve actually read three of them (still to read Zoo City and Lightborn). Out of those three my favourite is The Dervish House, which I loved a lot.
I’ve only read one of the short stories though (by Peter Watts) and none of the non-fiction so I can’t really comment there other than noting: that’s two shorts for Interzone, a trio of blogs and a podcast. Varied, and I’d guess pretty representative. Also, some great artwork nominated, hard to choose a favourite.
- Paolo Bacigalupi – The Windup Girl (Orbit)
- Lauren Beukes – Zoo City (Angry Robot)
- Ken Macleod – The Restoration Game (Orbit)
- Ian McDonald – The Dervish House (Gollancz)
- Tricia Sullivan – Lightborn (Orbit)
Best Short Fiction
- Nina Allan – ‘Flying in the Face of God’ – Interzone 227, TTA Press.
- Aliette de Bodard – ‘The Shipmaker’– Interzone 231, TTA Press.
- Peter Watts – ‘The Things’ – Clarkesworld 40
- Neil Williamson – ‘Arrhythmia’ – Music for Another World, Mutation Press
- Paul Kincaid - Blogging the Hugos: Decline, Big Other
- Abigail Nussbaum - Review, With Both Feet in the Clouds, Asking the Wrong Questions Blogspot
- Adam Roberts - Review, Wheel of Time, Punkadiddle
- Francis Spufford – Red Plenty (Faber and Faber)
- Jonathan Strahan and Gary K. Wolfe the Notes from Coode Street Podcast