December 16, 2010
Create Your Space, A European Space Agency Art Competition
The European Space Agency (ESA) are running a competition looking for some great art inspired by their pictures from space. Here’s the rules (quoted directly from the ESA):
1. Click the “Like” button on the top of our Facebook page to become a fan
3. Create a work of art inspired by the image – you can create a story, a poem, a painting, a video, a comic strip, a recipe, a haiku, a sculpture, whatever you like. You don’t have to stick with the image topic, if the image suggests to you something completely different … why not? Feel free to express yourself in your preferred medium.
4. Upload your creation anywhere except Facebook. You can upload your art on YouTube, Flickr, on Twitter (please include the hashtag#createyourspace), on your blog or website. Content uploaded on Facebook will not be included in the competition.
5. Tag our content with the tag “ESA_space_inspiration”.
6. Link your art in the comments of the post containing the image that inspired it.
7. You can submit your art from now until 2 January 2011.
8. People can vote for the submissions until 4 February 2011.
HOW TO VOTE
Voting for your favourite work of art is very simple: click the “Like” button placed in the comment containing the link to your favourite creation.
There will be one winner for each image, chosen by the public, based on the number of “Likes” in the comment field.
Winners will receive a bag full of space goodies. The winning works of art will be published on the ESA Portal (www.esa.int)
It’s been confirmed that the winner gets an iPad, although I’m intrigued as to what a bag of space goodies is? I’ll have a space station please!