November 3, 2009
Paradox, 5 Reasons It Will Be Better Than FlashForward
Paradox is a new show to be shown soon on the BBC (no confirmed date yet). Here's the blurb:
If you could see the future, would you change it? That's the dilemma facing Detective Inspector Rebecca Flint (Tamzin Outhwaite) and astrophysicist Dr Christian King (Emun Elliott) in Paradox. They find themselves thrown together when a series of rogue images are transmitted into Dr King's laboratory from space.
The fragmented images appear to be of a major incident, but shockingly they suggest it has yet to happen; it's in the future. Christian, Rebecca and her team, DS Ben Holt (Mark Bonnar) and DC Callum Gada (Chiké Okonkwo), have just 18 hours to work out the clues and prevent a tragedy.
Sounds like FlashForward right?
Except that there are a few reasons why it's likely to be better than FlashForward:
- No one is doing a terrible fake American accent.
- There is no Jack Davenport character, played by Jack Davenport.
- It's a five episode series. Not a (hopefully) five year series. Which means that the story will actually be concluded.
- There's a hard and fast time limit. Eighteen hours, five episodes means all thriller, no filler.
- They're already talking about "the moral and emotional implications of changing the future".
Check out the trailer embedded below: