January 16, 2009
Love & Hate
Things that Big Dumb Object loved and hates this week:
- Hustle. Mickey is back and it's as entertaining as ever. I wish the crew who did this and Spooks would make a SF series.
- Spook Country. William Gibson at his best. Absolutely loved it. And it's not Science Fiction.
- Started reading The Chrysalids by John Wyndham and it's taken me completely by surprise in a very good way.
- More trailers for Lost. Woo hoo. Not long now.
- Demons. It has Richard Wilson as a zombie in a church, Philip Glenister wit the worst American accent I have ever heard, the doctor from Survivors and a model pretty young lad as a descendent of Van Helsing. Sounds like it should be hilarious but it's crap. Urban fantasy modern nonsense by numbers.
- Slightly worried that at episode twelve The Clone Wars has used up all its story lines and we're now on for an endless set of Dooku, Kenobi, Skywalker meetings, banter, escape. More of the rest of the war please.